Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 225.

Today, I...

saw a Good Friday procession at the Catholic church. It included a large plaster Mary:



missed having conversations where I don't have to include back stories to all of my tales. Last night I got to see the Mathis fam one last time before they left this morning, and it was so nice to just throw out names of Anacortesians without having to explain their role in the community. In other words, I miss the folks of my hometown.

realized I am going to miss how much I play my ukulele here. I have a feeling my future roommate won't be quite so tolerant with my pluckings.

learned what pineapple tea tastes like! Better than I expected, I'll say that much.

smiled as my inbox continues to fill with insight from my friends who are also my teachers and mentors. I haven't really asked for their permission, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I shared their thoughts with you...(if you do, just email me and I'll take it down!)

"Yesterday my two flower seeds, which I planted last week with my mentee, sprouted. It was one of the best things ever. I have to keep making things sprout. This is what I'm meant to do. Things, people, whoever, whatever. I need more life in my life. Spring is making me yearn so much. (I also had my first experience walking on stilts.)"
- Sarah Moses-Winyard


And that's Beauty.
A beauty that lifts like a song
strum across my emotions.

And you're the musician
who knows how
to make my beauty sing;
to coax forth my melody.

From that first note you struck,
my soul takes over;
transforming that ditty that I thought I was
into the grand overture that I am.

And as you round out the harmony,
we sing together.
Our songs, however distinct,
are somehow perfectly intertwined;
an everlasting opera.
Joy and Sorrow. Beauty and Pain.

And that,
that is the beauty of Love.

- Elisabeth Raff


- Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment