Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 246.

Today, I...

saw that maybe my creative juices haven't run dry after all! Megan, Brenna, and I accomplished a sweet little graffiti project in a park near my house (pictures posted later). Later, I spent my afternoon sketching one of my favorite portraits of Tanya that I think turned out pretty well. It'll make a great going away present for her mom at least.

missed my hot tub...

realized I am going to miss my host dad so so much. He keeps hinting about how he's going to shed some tears when we part.

learned that we aren't going to the beach after all... In standard tico culture protocol, when I showed up at my front door at 1 pm, overnight bag in tow, my host mom said, "Oh, didn't you know? Your host dad has to work late and Raquel has to pick up her driver's permit." We are, however, going to have a picnic with the entire family tomorrow -- supposedly.

smiled when I got some sun today. Maybe I won't come home white after all!

- Hannah

PS I can't believe I said anything about this earlier. My high school back in the States is taking part in an incredibly sweet music video competition. Check out what they made and vote for them here: http://goskagit.upickem.net/engine/welcome.aspx. We're only 100 votes behind Sedro!

No comments:

Post a Comment