Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 231.

Today, I...

saw a flock of green parrots perched on a telephone wire as I walked to the track.

missed playing Sardines at the Raff's lovely home.

realized I am going to miss watching the girls get to be girls. I love seeing them experience pure joy by dancing, singing, goofing off. They get to forget maturity and responsibility and just be a teenager for a moment or two.

learned that Carmen (one of the cooks) has her eye on a house on the main street in Carpio, rather than down near La Cueva "The Cave" where she and her family live currently. She told me though that there was no way they could pay for it -- the house costs around $3000. Her plan to get that money? Go on Fear Factor. Or get me on Fear Factor when I get back to the States.

smiled when my host mom took me to the central market to buy a tortilla press! I'm gonna start selling those homemade fresh corn tortillas when I get back...college, here I come! :)

- Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment