Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 233.

Today, I...

saw my family's beautiful faces for the first time in four and a half months! My laptop has never had a webcam, and now that it's dead, it doesn't even matter. However, my friend Megan (another volunteer down here) is spending the next week and a half with a team from her church and asked if I'd like to use her laptop during that time. Would I ever! THANK YOU MEGAN!

missed the Rutz family!

realized I am going to miss the days when I come home and tell my host mom that my tummy is upset. What does she do? Grab a spoonful of shortening and massage my arms. Some how that's supposed to calm my stomach.

learned what bull testicles look like (mind you I didn't learn what they taste like).

smiled when I realized a huge advantage of these final days. Although counting down can be agonizingly slow, it only makes every moment last longer -- something I'm consciously trying to make happen.

- Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment