Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 226.

Today, I...

saw a Costa Rican ritual on the news: make giant paper mache versions of Judas and burn them in the streets. That's not unnerving at all...

missed competition. I got to watch the Butler vs. Michigan State game on TV and the adrenaline, anxiety, and excitement all came rushing back at me. If any of you are in high school sports right now and reading this, APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE. I know practice can be a pain, but it's one of those things that you consider a burden now, but you will look back and realize it was a blessing.

realized I am going to miss the weather. John Mathis emailed me saying that he and his family returned to the 45 degree drizzle of Washington while I woke up comfy cozy wearing nothing more than shorts and a tank top. Starting off the day with sunshine makes life so much less depressing.

learned that often times you don't get to know a person until you are thousands of miles away from them.

smiled at the anticipation of Easter tomorrow! My parents sent down peeps, I'm back on facebook, and the tomb is empty. Can't get any better than that.

- Hannah

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to further that thought, just as the kids were contemplating planting the wonderful Costa Rican pineapple we bought to grow more, it started to hail outside. A sure sign that God does not have growing pineapples in Washington in his/her plan!

    ReplyDelete