Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 70.

Hey team! Sorry I haven't been updating...I truly haven't been doing much, just living life.

This week and last week have been "vacations" for my students out at the refuge. Usually that two weeks of no school, but the girls assured us they didn't want to stay home. Instead, they come every day from 8:30 to 12:00 for a devotion and crafts (which I've been leading -- let's just say I've cranked out a lot of bracelets). Anyways, basically I just go out there in the morning, come back in the afternoon, and watch a movie either on my computer or at Tom's house, or watch episodes of Glee online. It's been a good two weeks.

Having said that, I will give you my five facts of life as of late:

Today, I...

...saw Editus at the National Theater (another 500 colones deal, or less than $1). This string quintet has two grammys under their belt and while they weren't as exciting as MasterKey last week, Lauren and I faked British accents during the performance as we fanned ourselves from our seats atop the gallery.

...missed chocolate milk. So I found myself some and drank it. YUM.

...realized I am going to miss flipping on the nightly news and seeing places that I walked past during the day. That happens every day.

...learned how to open a locked door with a knife. Watch yourself.

...smiled when Don Horacio (Tom's host dad and the pastor who baptized Luke last time we were down here) welcomed me into his house, calling it my "third home".

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment