Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 45.

Today, I...

...saw five preteen boys parade around the Carpio streets on a Barbie jeep. Ballers.

...missed high school. I was looking at some graduation pictures that my dear friend Jaci Fisher just posted on facebook while listening to a song Patrick Lyons gave me called "Hometown" by Adelle. Not a good idea.

...realized I am going to miss street musicians. Especially blind ones.

...learned that any English paperback book here costs $10...at least.

...smiled when I told my host family that Chicago did not get the Olympics (it's been my life long dream to help broadcast the Olympics and I'll be going to school in Chicago), and my tico dad said, "Well that just means you'll have to come meet up with us in Brazil when we go to watch and you broadcast them there!"

--Hannah

3 comments:

  1. Love the format. Yes, perhaps we'll all go to Rio...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hometown glory by adelle?
    ya the first time i herd that song i almost started crying.
    it's beautiful, and extremely emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Me: Johnathan! Quick! Tell me about how cool college is! I'm missing home and need something to look forward to...
    Johnathan: Oh, hi! Umm...college is amazing! I had my first quidditch practice today! 40 points!"

    I swear my friends know me better than I do.

    ReplyDelete