Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 50.

Today, I...

...saw a taxi driver hop out of his cab, squat next to a storm drain, and brush his teeth with water from an old Coke bottle.

...missed singing Paul Baribeau songs with Henry as we would bike home from the six o'clock service.

...realized I am going to miss the bus drivers. Yesterday I was spacing out on my ride and realized that we had stopped for a little longer than usual. I was confused. Looking around, I realized it was MY stop we were waiting at. The bus driver was looking in his mirror at me, surely thinking, "Let's wait until the stupid gringa figures out what a bozo she is." Still, he didn't let me miss my stop.

...learned that if there are three dogs hanging around a PUBLIC entrance, even if it is BLATANTLY open, trying to enter is not not not not not a good idea.

...smiled when I asked my tica mom if I could snack on some raw green beans -- her face looked like I had just grown a third arm.

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment