Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 51.

Today, I...

...saw a Rammstein patch on someone's backpack. Tom Kovach, if you're reading this, I hope you just smiled a little.

...missed peanut butter/chocolate chips/ovens. All three things exist here, but are incredibly expensive to buy and/or use. Have you EVER realized how many desserts use one of those three things? Or all three at once?

...realized I am going to miss having a mom. While all my other friends are out on their own at college, I still have some one who cooks for me, does my laundry, and reminds me that I just need to be myself.

...learned how pointless it is to try and find clothes here that fit.

...smiled as I passed out the first issue of "Primicias Juveniles", our little newspaper! It's not my greatest production, but the girls are proud of it and I can honestly say I didn't do a whole lot (except throw it all together at 12:30 last night...reminded me of the good ol' days of the Sixth Grade Post). Once we get a really solid issue, I'll put it online for you all.

--Hannah

PS I've had some people ask me about care packages...thank you thank you thank you for thinking of me! Here are some things I could use:

- Any kind of peanut butter product. Miss that. Mucho.
- Nesquick anyone?
- PAPERBACK BOOKS. I'm working on a list of certain titles I'm interested in, but feel free to just send me whatever is lying around your house.
- CD mixes. Those things mean a lot to me.
- Nothing that you wouldn't mind me losing...my folks sent me a package a good five weeks ago and it still hasn't shown up. Hopefully it will. Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment