Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 44.

So I've given it some thought, and I've decided to shake things up a bit with this here blog. Rather than including a list of wandering observations, I am going to narrow down my blog entries to include the following:

One thing I saw.
One thing I miss.
One thing I realized I am going to miss.
One thing I learned.
One thing that made me smile.

So. Here it goes.

Today, I...


...saw a man holding a baby. While driving a motorcycle.

...missed fall.

...realized I am going to miss my tica mom's cooking -- she just cranked out a huge helping of "Arroz con Pollo" (Rice with chicken) that is absolutely to die for.

...learned that eating incredibly unripe fruit with vast quantities of salt can make your tongue bleed -- learned that the hard way.

...smiled at this:
"Just as Voldemort had not been able to possess Harry while Harry was consumed with grief for Sirius, so his thoughts could not penetrate Harry now, while he mourned for Dobby. Grief, it seemed, drove Voldemort out...though Dumbledore, of course, would have said that it was love."
-- J. K. Rowling
-Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Hannah you are wise beyond your years and I am learning from and throughly enjoying your blog our prayers are with you Zane Wyll and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hannah. i heard about your blog from your aunt kristi (went to high school together). we are missionaries in ecuador (www.compassionconnection.net) and i'm always glad to see young people venturing into foreign countries! i'll enjoy keeping up on your posts. soak up every minute! sandi youngren

    ReplyDelete