Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 63.

So. Today, I...

...saw an absolutely INCREDIBLE group at the National Theater. Every Tuesday at noon there's a show for only 500 colones (less than a dollar). They very rarely release what band is playing or what show is being performed ahead of time, so it's kind of a hit and miss when it comes to seeing something worth while. Today though, the first day I went, I got to see an absolutely fantastic a cappella quintet. They were Costa Rican, all from the carribean and sang a variety of gospel, jazz, and reggae. It was without a doubt the best 500 colones I will EVER spend in my life.

...missed having little hands. It's weird realizing you're growing up.

...realized I am going to miss sitting in the second story of Quizno's, people watching and talking about faith. Good thing I'm going to Chicago.

...learned that it's good to be a girl. Poor Tom (Halo Boy) was downtown by himself today on his way to Carpio when he got kneed where the sun don't shine, robbed of all his money, and left in the fetal position for three minutes while people just walked by. He had no way to get home, so he signed a picture of himself, told people he was famous, and someone bought the autographed photo for 800 colones. I've been here for two months and haven't had any run-ins with anything like that. Tom's been here a week.

...smiled with embarassment and disbelief as I desperately tried to squeeze a "u" into the word "never". While my Spanish is excelling, my English is falling out my ears.

--Hannah

1 comment: