Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 64.

Today I...

...saw V for Vendetta at Carmen's house. We watched it with Jeffry, Axel, Jairo, Johann, Valesky, Alanna, Tom, and a handful of neighborhood kids. A huge struggle I've been having lately is how I indulge in things from the States, without losing my connections here. Today I felt like I had found the perfect balance -- watching one of my favorite films that brought back memories of some of my favorite people, while still smiling in Spanish and resting plates of rice on my knees (like most families in Carpio, Carmen's doesn't have a kitchen table).

...missed Dairy Queen.

...realized I am going to miss these evenings where I can come home and not feel like I'm supposed to be somewhere.

...learned some new chords on the uke.

...smiled after watching "Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind" for the first time. I have a new favorite quote because of that film:

"Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating."

--Hannah

1 comment:

  1. You play the ukulele, too? I have had one for several years now and know quite a few chords, just not any real songs. I need to sit and practice some.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete