Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 189

Today I...

saw one of my students flipping through an ancient encyclopedia. I asked her what she was looking for, what class she needed help with. "Oh no," she responded, "I just like looking." A part of me snickered inside, but then I thought about the hours I spend on stumblupon.com, just flipping through pages on a screen rather than in a book. So I sat down and joined her.

missed being in places that regularly have toilet paper.

realized I am going to miss not wearing shorts all the time. It's been in the high 80's / low 90's all week.

learned just how "Pura Vida" life is here. A pretty hefty grass fire started to snake its way along the property today out in Carpio, and the directors just watched, praying that the flames would pass by the gate. They did.

smiled when I found a darling dress for my sister's wedding on Saturday! I went to a "Ropa Americana" store, literally tranlsated "American Clothing." What it really means is "Thrift Store".

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment