Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 168.

Love.

If I write blog entries that make people weep and angels clap, but don't have love, I am just another forwarded email, something else posted on a wall.

If I lead others to God, answer all of life's deepest questions, and believe like Shane Claiborne does, but don't have love, I'm worthless.

If I return home with an empty suitcase and contract lice in the name of Jesus, but do it without love, I haven't changed.

Love understands, love gives.

It never gets jealous, it never brags, never puffs out its chest.

It's not sarcastic, it's not arrogant, it doesn't know how to keep score.

Love can't find a reason to hate, but will always tell the truth.

It always keeps you under its wing,

always believes what you say,

always has faith in what you can do,

always presses on.

Love never gives up.

There are some amazing sermons, but they will be forgotten.

There are some awesome lyrics, but they will slip from my memory.

There are so many people who have discovered so much, but some one will come along and discover more.

The truth is we only give 10% (if that), 1/7 of our week, one gap year at a time.

When wholeness comes,

all the separate parts will get swallowed up.

When I was little, I used little words, thought little thoughts, and used lots of little excuses.

When I got big, I grew up.

Today we look at life like a fragmented reflection on a muddy pond...

Tomorrow we will finally lift our heads and behold the beauty.

Right now we snatch God's glory in bits and pieces -- soon we will take it all in at once;

we will fathom the Maker as the Maker fathomed us.


Even after the world is long gone, these three will stick around:

faith, hope, and love.

You better look out for love.


--Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Hannah! I just ran across your blog while checking out my facebook page... and to say the least WOW! I mean I know and have known since i met you so long ago that you are an amazing person but you are 10 times that. i have barely started reading your blogs and I am already immensely inspired/ joyed / amazed / enthralled / and then some. Thank you for sharing your journey so well. I hope to someday share something even minutely (sp) beautiful with you some day. Thank you again. with as much love as i am capable of sending your way.
    -Lacee Root

    ReplyDelete