Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 191.

Today, I...

saw turtle eggs for sale. Yup.

missed running out on the basketball court to excited fans, anxious parents, and a whole 32 minutes of possibilities.

realized I am going to miss Laura, my host sister who is getting married on Saturday. I know she'll still swing by from time to time, but I'm going to experience the same hole in our home that now exists in the house I grew up in.

learned that "mosquito" literally means "little fly". However, the word "mosquito" in Spanish does NOT mean the little bug that likes to feast on flesh. That's zancudo. I love how English steals words and still screws them up.

smiled when Megan, another short-termer, shared this nugget of truth at our Thursday night Bible study: God has only shown us a handful of his glorious attributes. There are so many more that we have yet to experience, so many that do not exist in this world. There are things better than beauty, than grace, even better than forgiveness and love. And we're going to see them first-hand.

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment