Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 192.

Today, I...

saw an incredible work of art toiled over for hours by its creator, revealing a masterpiece that could take your breath away...also known as the wedding cake my host mom made for my sister's wedding tomorrow.

missed Mila.

realized I am going to miss meeting people on the bus and realizing that we are a lot closer than I thought (I have met a woman who's husband grew up in Mt. Vernon and a man who's wife grew up on Lopez Island).

learned a lot about make-up that I didn't know. With the wedding and all tomorrow, my other host sister Raquel decided to give me a crash course in the ways of latina womanhood.

smiled when I thought about my darling grandmother celebrating another year on God's green earth. As part of lent, I have began writing a series of "Love Letters", one to a different person each night. I wrote this on February 17th, Ash Wednesday:





--Hannah

PS This is for you too Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment