Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 176 -- Traveling to Nicaragua!

Today, I...

saw about 30 wind turbines surrounding Lake Nicaragua -- those things are a lot bigger in person than in newspaper articles. Investing in alternative energy sources: one huge way Nicaragua has changed since I was here six years ago.

missed going on trips with my family.

realized I am going to miss foreign money.

learned how tranquila -- tranquil -- San Juan del Sur is. The lazy beach town is incredibly chill. And hot. And glorious.

smiled when I made a new friend! Alanna and I decided to split a taxi to San Juan del Sur from our bus stop in Rivas with a woman named Robin who is currently living in Costa Rica. She has been back and forth between CR and the states (she was born in Chicago and went to Northwestern! I was wearing my DePaul shirt and we instantly conected) for the last ten years, WWOOFing at a chocolate farm amongst other things; now she´s co-managing a Bed and Breakfast in San José while trying to start an all natural soap business. The three of us found a hostel and she´s staying in the room next to ours.

It´s going to be a great five days.

--Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,

    This is Pat Preston from Pine Cove. We miss you guys a lot and just wanted to let you know we were thinking of you and praying for you. Meghan and I are now following your blog to see updates and to hear how things are going during your time in La Carpio. Please keep us updated as you can. My email is ppreston12@gmail.com. We would love to keep in touch. God is good. Continue to serve in His sovereign Grace. All praise be to Him!

    ReplyDelete