Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 183.

Quick List of my Life:

1) Lent started today.
2) That means I'm not using facebook until April 4.
3) Some doctor friends who met here six years ago (and are coincidentally from Seattle) are back for the week working at the clinic in Carpio. It's been amazing to compare how our families have changed and how Carpio has grown.
4) I also saw Giovanni, a young man who didn't remember me from six years ago but grinned when I told him I was Jeff's daughter.
5) Today I ate a syrupy fig.
6) And a sweet potato candy.
7) The dry season is in full swing and where I work in Carpio has water a good 27% of the time.
8) Tomorrow I'm teaching "This is the Air I Breathe" to my girls.
9) My sunburn is peeling off my back in sheets.
10) One of my host uncles asked me if I had ever tried turtle. He was serious.

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment