Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 221.

Today, I...

saw my laptop's illuminated screen for what I'm afraid may have been the last time. While skyping with my family, the screen suddenly went black, but everything seemed to still work. I figured I'd restart it after our conversation, but suddenly my precious baby shut off completely and won't start up again. She's lasted me a good 4.5 years...may she rest in peace. :´(

missed Palm Sunday at WPC. Growing up, I always loved parading around the sanctuary with our make-believe palm frauns -- beautiful Washington ferns. Here, we celebrated Palm Sunday by watching two grown men gallop around in a donkey costume. The paper mache head was terribly frightening.

realized I am going to miss all the free time I have to do things that actually add substance to my life. This morning I sat on my bed and recited every poem I had ever memorized to myself.

learned that Sophie, my future DePaul roommate, ended up getting a great financial package to the University of Michigan. After what sounds like a very rough decision-making process, she gathered that it would be best to graduate from college debt free. I probably would have slapped her silly if she hadn't come to that conclusion any earlier. A huge part of me is grieving that I won't get to know her, but I know that some other lucky young woman will be incredibly blessed by having Sophie in her life. I know I have been.

smiled when I had this epiphany: God is bigger than the internet. For my generation, that really means something.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment