Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 220.

Today, I...

saw how the refreshments for today's lunch in La Carpio were made. All it took was water and a couple pumps of syrope -- basically the sickly sweet syrup you put on snow cones.

missed my neighbor's yard. And all of L Avenue for that matter.

realized I am going to miss the deep discussions I have with Kathy (a missionary who has been here for five years) as we drive back from Carpio. Today we discussed how some people believe that God creates tragedy, that it is all part of His big plan. We talked about how neither of us believe this is true. We both agree that God can use catastrophic events to change us, that we can learn from our mistakes, but that's just it -- so much of the pain in this world stems from human error. God gave us free will and we (for a lack of a better term) really effed it up. Meanwhile, God is constantly shifting, moving, filling in the cracks we put into this planet-present we were given. What are your thoughts on this?

learned that my host mom bought "Un SueƱo Posible" and "Desde Mi Cielo" -- literally translated "A Possible Dream" and "From My Heaven". Try and guess which movie titles those really are.

smiled when Karla (one of my former campers who I had a tough time connecting with) saw me taking pictures, gently tugged at my arm, and shyly asked, "Can you snap some shots of _____ for me?" I promised I wouldn't tell anyone the boy's name. I'm finally earning her trust, three months later.

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment