Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 211.

Today, I...

saw understanding creep onto one of my students' faces as I asked her be the teacher for a few minutes, forcing her to really learn what she was expected to teach. I would raise my hand and ask her questions, making her thoroughly explain the problem, and she would finish all of her answers with, "Entiendes, alumna Hannah?" "Do you understand, student Hannah?"

missed my dear friend Alanna. This country is simply not the same without her.

realized I am going to miss being around babies all the time. Those creatures provide way more entertainment than any television, Wii, or internet every could.

learned how to make corn tortillas! Yummy.

smiled when I taught the girls "Every Move I Make" with my ukulele. They just loved the "La, la, la, la, la..." part, and so we replaced the "La's" without different barnyard animals -- they just ate it up. Keep in mind that these girls are all 13-22 years old. We sang like roosters, like dogs, like ducks, like cats. Just as we were about to finish, one girl yelled, "Don't forget the ass!" and let out a huge "Hee-haw!"

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment