Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 208.

Today, I...

saw how no one could sleep in my family because of the excessive heat (experts are saying it hasn't been this hot in San Jose since 1991) so I started and finished one of my favorite books of all time -- Stargirl.

missed springtime in Washington. Here, everything is either lush, moist greens or coarse, dry browns. I miss the dismal grays with silver linings of hope sewn in.

realized I am going to miss going to bed at eight pm and not feeling like a total loser for doing so.

learned that I was mistaken about the "El Nica" showing. We finally got hold of the theater and it turns out that they showed it March 16, 2009...

smiled when I began my online hunt for a Chicago parka! I will be in SUCH a different place come six months from now.

-Hannah

PS Forgot to mention this, but I ran into a man at the grocery store who used to be the manager for McDonald's in Anacortes! Now he's studying Spanish in Costa Rica with his family before they head to Peru to be missionaries. I've also met a woman who's husband grew up in Mt. Vernon and another woman who was born and raised on Lopez Island. Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment