Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 218.

So it seems my chat setup plan didn't really pan out as planned...no matter, I will be back States-side to answer questions in less than six short weeks. Still can't get over that.

Today, I...

saw Alice in Wonderland at the theaters with the girls. I saw it dubbed in Spanish, but I have a feeling it would be just as weird in any language.

missed living with a mother who would never even consider serving me fried cheese, something that is a breakfast staple here.

realized I am going to miss riding taxis and having people tell me they're impressed with my espanol. That's a great self-confidence booster.

learned that one of the short-term volunteers I work with will have to say goodbye to her boyfriend in October for 12 months. He's being deployed to Afghanistan -- please pray for the both of them.

smiled when the lights dimmed in the theater and a few of the girls were still talking. Suddenly, the daughter of one of my students commanded in her f0ur-year-old voice, "Callase! Shutup!"

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment