Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 42.

Observations:

- Sunday night, I went to Melisa's house for her aunt's birthday party. There were people from all over the world and we ended up singing Happy Birthday in the following languages: Spanish, English, Korean, German, Dutch, and finally Portugeuse. Check out some pics:


- Katia, Melisa's younger sister who was 16 last time I saw her, has two years left of school until she becomes an orthodontist. She is still with Alonso, a young man who played bass at our church.


- Three of the people at the party heard I play volleyball and invited me to come play with them at the park on Sunday afternoons. I'm pumped!
- My girls were back to fight-mode...it made me so glad that I was never involved in high school drama.
- The girls in my more advanced typing class are getting really excited about making a newspaper.
- I woke up this morning and looked at all the pictures on my wall from this summer, and for the first time I didn't feel like they were all taken just yesterday. I'm realizing more and more that I've convinced myself that I left Anacortes on pause, that next summer everything is going to be the exact same. It's not. I know that.
- This is on my wall:
"Hope begins in the dark. You wait and watch and work. You don't give up."
-- Anne Lamott

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment