Monday, September 7, 2009

Day 20

Observations:

-Not having a social life every night is actually really magnificent.
-"Estampillas tradicionales" (traditional stamps) actually means collector stamps. Good to know that now.
-While looked out my bus window (something I do for nearly 3 hours every day), I watched as a couple said goodbye to each other. The woman crossed her husband, at the end touching his lips with her hand and then kissing him. I thought it was the perfect example of God's love flowing into a relationship. And very romantic as well.
-Sometimes when I walk downtown, I like to watch people's arms swing. Everyone carries their backpack/bag tucked under one arm to prevent theft, and the other swings to compensate. It's like every person is a clock.
-In Anacortes, you can tell who is a tourist by who uses an umbrella. Here, you can tell who is a tourist by who doesn't use an umbrella.
-I decided to keep count today: I saw 17 women wearing tube tops on my way to La Carpio.
-One of my most difficult but also brightest students confided in me today that she has the opportunity to go back to regular high school. She started crying and said she wants to return, but she doesn't want to leave the Refuge. I didn't know what to tell her.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment