Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 34.

Observations:

-Christmas decorations are everywhere. That's what happens when you don't have Halloween or Thanksgiving.
-Apples are a delicacy.
-Today I saw a man reading on the bus! Apocalypse!
-Sometimes I like to pretend that all the mangy dogs in Carpio are actually animagi. Wow, I'm a nerd. And if you know what I'm talking about, that makes you a nerd too.
-One of my new students doesn't know how to write her own name. Learning to type is going to take its time.
-On Friday I'm going to start a weekly art class!
-When I was at Meli's house yesterday, I saw her pull out an iPhone. I couldn't believe it. SO many people here have them -- a girl brought one into the Refuge on Saturday. When I said this to Melisa, she laughed. "Oh no no no....this isn't a real one." She let me use it for a bit. Everything lagged, was rather pixely, and was in Chinese.
-Sometimes you can't see the motorcycles here and the motorcycles here never see you.
-The younger brother of one of my students refers to me as "Nona". I haven't the slightest idea why, but I like it.
-A lot of times, you can see more of a person's soul in a stare than in a smile.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment