Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 23.

Observations:

-Today I made Funfetti cake mix cookies for a "Día Del Niño" celebration we're having on Saturday. Those are yummy cookies.
-I'm getting really good at French-braiding my own hair.
-WE BEAT LA CONNER! Congrats AHS girls volleyball!
-As I ran this morning, I passed by a homeless man sleeping on the sidewalk. Carefully, I crossed the road so as to not disturb him. I felt an uncanny parallelism to the story of the good samaritan. I was not the good samaritan.
-A couple days ago, a young boy had an pet iguana he was toting around. When I asked him what the pet's name was, he coyly responded "igual-que-usted" or "the-same-as-yours." Clever.
-Right now I'm re-reading "Their Eyes Were Watching God". There are so many nutrients I'm gaining from that book now that I'm digesting it for a second time.
-Yesterday someone dropped off a box of four kittens to the property, hoping to find homes for them. When I brought my camera today to take pictures of the little creatures, they all had already been given away.
-Tomorrow we're going to play kickball with the girls for PE. We'll see how that goes.
-My tica mom's brother is suffering from pancreatic cancer and the doctors aren't giving him much longer...please pray for his healthy and peace for my tica mami.
-Tonight, while I was making cookies at another missionary's house, I had the opportunity to call my parents using an internet phone service. It was the first time I'd talked to them in three weeks. It was something I needed.
-As soon as I hung up from talking to my mother, I returned to the living room to see that the movie "Bella" was on TV. If you haven't seen that movie, you should -- it's something very special to my mom and my myself.
-Here's a quote that my dear friend Elisabeth Raff showed me:
"At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities."
-- Jean Houston
-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment