Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 37.

Observations:

- The first time my girls used Microsoft Paint, over half of them drew one thing: a house. Not the kinds of houses here, but the kind of house that you see in suburban America.
- Speaking of my typing girls...today my new group (the one with the babies) had their first test. One girl, Keilin, the sixteen-year-old mother of one-year-old Christopher, did twice as well on her first test as any of the girls in the other class who have been at it for a month. Teaching makes me feel good.
- While at the Thursday meeting at the CFCI office, we prayed for a Costa Rican mission team that's headed to...*drum roll please*...YAKIMA! Crazy, no?
- This morning I bought a ginormous otter pop from a man on the street. It cost one two hundred colones and I gave him one thousand. He gave me eleven hundred in change back. I told him that was too much. The second time around he gave me seven hundred back. I had to talk him through basic math in order to get the correct change.
- Whenever I have children/siblings/nieces and nephews of my students in my computer class, I usually sit them on my lap while my girls work. Then I turn on the various screen savers and watch as the kids try to reach out and grab the floating 3-D objects.
- It's easy to make a ruler out of folded paper.

--Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Hannah--do you remember when we had the Refuge girls over to our house and they made houses out of legos? Mami

    ReplyDelete