Thursday, December 9, 2010

So I'm back...

As many of you know, I am currently back in Costa Rica for two weeks. A young woman who previously lived with my host family is getting married on December 18th and I have the privilege of taking her wedding pictures!

I can't promise that I will post every night on this trip, but I figured that since I'm here, I might as well update.



Today, I...

saw a woman wearing a shirt that said "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder." She was at least 7 months pregnant.

realized how much I had missed conversations with my host family. They truly are beautiful people.



learned that Nazareth, a 16-year-old who had her baby Jeremy two weeks before I left (meaning I was present for almost her entire pregnancy), has become involved in violent activity and now lives with a gang leader. His life, along with hers, was threatened so the two of them moved to another province. She left Jeremy with her mom and is rumored to be pregnant again.

smiled when I learned that I will be going to the beach on Tuesday with the seven girls who passed their tests!


- Hannah

PS Just downloaded the 30-day photoshop free trial...what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. 30 day awesome photo spree!!!! keep up the awesome photography! love it!

    ReplyDelete