Friday, December 10, 2010

"Roll away your stone, I'll roll away mine."

Today, I...

saw all the Christmas lights in San José. It made me remember this night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riM5N-a4Dks

realized that I had a ton of time to process things on the bus. Every day, I commuted an hour and a half to La Carpio and an hour and a half back. This was a great way to reflect, pray, and conjure up Harry Potter camp. I miss having those hours to myself.

learned that I just might be the only gringa on the planet who likes papaya.

smiled when I took some pre-wedding photos of Kimi and Jraul. It's so wonderful taking pictures of people who are so in love -- their faces are constantly glowing!







- Hannah

PS The title of this post is from the song "Roll Away Your Stone" by Mumford and Sons. Check it out if you haven't.

PPS When I was here as a seventh-grader, my father mentored a fifteen-year-old boy named Mario who now attends the University of Costa Rica on a full scholarship for mathematics. He took my spot teaching seventh grade algebra and every single one of his students passed their government exam. I offered to take pictures of him in his new element: skateboarding.


1 comment: