Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Most good things have been said far too many times and just need to be lived."

Today, I...

saw the premature throng of Costa Ricans anticipating the Festival de la Luz. This Christmas chaos is the country's Macy's parade. It took me nearly three hours to get home.

realized I did not miss this (yes, in my house):


learned that I'm becoming much more proficient at teaching. Today I was in charge of the Saturday craft and we quickly whipped up origami ornaments. I've taught these girls how to make cranes three times in my life, and today's activity took forty minutes less than usual.

smiled as I spent time with Don Horacio (an Argentian pastor who baptized my brother and came to visit Anacortes this summer), and later laughed with my extended host family around a feast of plantains, tortillas, fresh bread, cilantro-concentrated salad, and a bowl of canned fruit/jell-O/ice cream. I love it here.

- Hannah

PS Today's title is a quite by my man Shane Claiborne. Another one I love: "To refer to the Church as a building is to call people 2 x 4's."

No comments:

Post a Comment