Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 153..

Today, I...

...saw pride in a new student's face as she finally found a threesome in a game of SET.

...missed hiking.

...realized I am going to miss the fruit stand I swing by almost every other day. I buy three bananas from a fifteen-year-old boy for grand total of 100 colones (about 18 cents). Today he handed me three semi-sorry excuses for bananas; they were much smaller than usual. I didn't complain though and held out my hand with a smile. He returned the grin and slipped a fourth banana into my palm.

...learned how difficult it is for some of my students to type. Two of them have problems with their left hands -- one was severely burned and the other doesn't have a top-most knuckle in her middle finger. For this reason, neither of them can successfully hit the letter "e". We're working on it.

...smiled when a different new girl drew a portrait of me using lots of gel pens and hearts.

--Hannah

2 comments:

  1. when I first move to the U.S. I used to miss those fruit stands... about ten years have gone by, I still miss them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love SET!!! And I sorely miss cheap fruit. And yummy fruit, actually. :)
    Annie

    ReplyDelete