Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 156.

Today, I...

saw my students get excited about learning. Holy man that's a great feeling.

missed pop tarts.

realized I am going to miss meeting new people all the time. Oh wait, I'm going to college!

learned that my math class has pretty much doubled in size, half of the girls now six weeks behind the rest of the class. They're really holding their own.

smiled when I asked my students "What's one thing you learned today?" (something I try and do at the end of every day). Lorena, one of the cooks, was sitting in as an extra presence -- the bigger the class, the less control I have -- and her answer was this: "Hannah, I learned how much work it takes to be a teacher. I congratulate you." That kind of comment seems so much more valuable than any number of zeros at the end of a salary.

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment