Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 78.

...saw the schedule for the next couple weeks. The girls' exam results don't come back until November 18, so classes won't start until November 23 (I'll be in Panama with the fam! Wahoo!), so I still have half days for a while. I know I'll be teaching sixth and seventh grade math, a computer class or two for beginners, an English class for two of the latina teachers, and my newspaper class. It's going to be fun.

...missed being in a place where rain doesn't affect phone lines or internet connections.

...realized I am going to miss reading Ecclesiastes every night with my host mom (we've started doing that to strengthen my Spanish reading skills, and it brings me back to when my real mommy and I plowed our way through the whole Bible over two and a half years).

...learned where to buy bus tickets to Monte Verde! Tom, Lauren, and I are taking a little trip up to the jungle this weekend. It's going to be very refreshing to not inhale exhaust with every breath.

...smiled when I checked the date on my watch -- only 15 days until I get to see my parents and my bros! Hot diggity. :D

--Hannah

PS
"Just because something is, doesn't mean it should be."
-- Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment