Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 114.

Today I...

...saw understanding brighten up one of my students' faces as she finally understood how to measure with a protractor. She couldn't grasp that if one side of an angle started at 30 degrees, and the other was at 120, the angle was only 90 degrees, not 120. I compared it to a telenovela (Spanish soap opera) starting at 2 and ending at 5 -- the novela is three hours long because you don't include any time prior to its beginning. Suddenly she understood. Nothing like TV in the classroom.

...missed home a lot today. Everyone told me Christmas time would be hard, and they are sure right. I miss Christmas Calculus parties, Christmas mugs, Christmas music (I spent three hours trying to figure out homesharing on iTunes so I can listen to my family's collection of Harry Connick Jr, but then found out that homesharing only works on computers in the same room...), the anticipation of snow, and Anacortes bundled up on blustery days.

...realized I am going to miss the way people can encourage me, even if they are thousands of miles away.

...learned that I love the victorious taste of my own sweat.

...smiled when I made myself my own vanilla steamer. :)

--Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment