Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 7

Observations:

-I had my first dream about home last night. For some reason the entire graduating class of 2009 had to re-do graduation, but this time it was a giant Japanese dance. Don't ask me why. At the end though, I remember some one asking me what I've been up to this summer and I said, "Well, I've been in Costa Rica for the past week! I'm going back there for another eight months." When I woke up and opened my eyes, I saw my pink walls and photos of friends and couldn't believe I was already back here--I thought I still had a plane to catch.
-Just because a bus is green DOESN'T mean it's going to Carpio. I learned that the hard way this morning.
-Today I saw the first girl I recognized! Last week I had seen a boy (young man now I guess) named Mario who was incredibly brilliant at math and friends with my dad. He has a sister named Katy who I was pretty close with--she came and spent the night at my house a few times. Anyways, today when I went to the classes this morning, I saw her sitting at one of the tables! I asked her how her studies were going, and then I realized that she wasn't studying...she was teaching the class! She's finished high school and comes back to teach science classes. She also told me that her brother finished all four years of university.
-I have NO idea why I ever was nervous about driving in little Anacortes, WA.
-Costa Ricans eat their hot dogs with lettuce and an extremely heavy dosage of this pink sauce that I am not a particularly big fan of.
-They also have never seen times tables, the ones with all the boxes. That was exciting.

I'm going to go eat some dinner. Ciao!

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment