Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 5.

So I've decided that perhaps typing those novel-length entries isn't such a good idea...for my wrists and for your eyes. Thus, I've decided to condense everything into a list. Lists are good.

Yes? Yes. Bueno.

Observations:
-Interesting shirts, kind of like Japan. Namely one that said "I RECYCLE BOYS".
-Samuelitos (the world's best Colombian bakery) still exists! And is more delicious than ever!
-Rice Krispies cost $10 a box.
-People perform aerobics in the Centro Comercial del Sur parking lot on Saturday mornings. Ballers.
-I am never not full here.
-In Carpio, I have seen many boys who I recognize from six years ago. Aside from Valesqui, the daughter of one of the cooks, I have yet to see a single girl from before.
-Venezuela won Miss Universe for a second year in a row. I bet you anything Hugo Chavez had something to do with that.
-On Saturday I saw an eleven year old girl with green eyes, freckles, and red hair in La Carpio. Spanish comes out of mouths you would never expect.
-They have Toblerones here!
-I forgot how different the milk tastes. Or how they don't refridgerate it.
-One of these days I'm going to make my host family some chocolate chip cookies and milk shakes. But not at the same time.
-colocho = curly
-Grapes and apples are crazy expensive here.
-College isn't expensive at all--$600 a semester. And still so much of the population is uneducated.

Well, there are some facts for you. I'm gonna go sleep now.

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment