Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 6.

Observations:

-A girl next to me on the bus had an iPhone. Yes, an iPhone.
-I rode the bus back from Carpio all on my own! Big step!
-My everyday transportation costs exactly $1.24. I didn't spent any more today, not even on a delicious mamon chino (http://hisfault.com/wp-content/thumb-mc3.jpg). Yay me.
-I saw a basketball hoop in someone's carport for the first time.
-Out at the refuge, I met a woman named Brooke from Texas. She has been living here with her family for the last three years and she knows that they will be heading back to the states next summer so her son can start high school there. We had a good talk about missionary kids and readjusting to life in the US. I'm excited to talk with her more.
-King of Carrot Flowers, Pt.1 by Neutral Milk Hotel is a really good song, it makes me think of the kids I work with. You should check it out if you haven't. Thanks Mila.
-I have an official schedule now--Mon, Wed, and Fri I will teach typing classes from 10:30-12:00 and help out with math tutoring in the afternoons. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I will watch the little kids of the girls who take classes from the Refuge.
-Here's a good Mother Theresa quote: "I hope you are not giving only your surplus. You must give what costs you, make a sacrifice, go without something you like, that your gift may have some value before God. Then you will be truly brothers and sisters to the poor who are deprived of even the things they need."

Today I was exhausted from getting up so early, so I'm going to hit the sack early. Buenas noches!

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment